Dr. Bipin Vibhute
Liver & Multiorgan Transplant Surgeon India
8 Years, 800+ Transplants
Dr. Bipin Vibhute was born in a small village Madgule, Atpadi, Sangli and completed his education at prestigious institutes in Chennai, Kerala, and Kolhapur.
He started his transplant career at Apollo Chennai where he worked in a team and contributed to almost 800+ transplants over the period of 8 years which included Liver, kidney, pancreas, and small bowel transplants.
He came back to Maharashtra and Joined Sahyadri Hospital Deccan Gymkhana in 2016 and started the Organ transplant program, which is currently the 3rd largest organ transplant center in India. The center has performed more than 250 liver transplants and maximum simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplants at Sahyadri hospitals in less than 3 years and is also awarded by NOTTO ( National organ tissue & transplant organization Delhi).
He has been awarded for his excellent work like “Youth icon of Pune” from Times of India in 2018, “Best organ Transplant hospital in Maharashtra” by Navbharat award in 2018, “Guinness world record of maximum organ donation pledge in 8 hrs” in Aug 2018, “London world book record” in Feb 2019, “Icon of health” award in 2018 and holds the record of the smallest baby of 7 months to the oldest recipient of 71 year successfully transplanted in Pune.
He is first to start free Liver Transplant in India for pediatric patients for age up to 12 yrs and EMI for liver transplant patients and Highest simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplantation in Maharashtra.
Currently, he is expanding his transplant program all over Maharashtra with the motto of providing organ transplants in every corner of Maharashtra at an affordable cost and at an accessible destination.
His achievements are unparalleled and that too at such young of 41 years.
- His tenure at the Apollo Hospitals encompassed more than 6 years and was focused on a variety of abdominal organs transplanted as detailed below:
- Liver Transplantation including Living (LDLT) & Deceased Donor Liver transplantation (DDLT)
- Kidney transplantation
- Combined Liver – Kidney Transplantation
- Small Bowel Transplantation
- Simultaneous Kidney- Pancreas transplantation
- Modified multi-visceral transplantation
- Isolated Small Bowel Transplantation
- Complex HPB procedures
- To sharpen his management skills he has completed MBA in Hospital & Health Care Management and Human Resources from the prestigious NIBM institute.
- Notable achievements:
- He was active team member of Asia’s first successful en-block heart-liver transplantation
- Has the maximum experience in-situ split liver transplants
- Was involved in five consecutive liver transplants in less than 24 hrs.
- Has the most experience with simultaneous kidney-pancreas transplants in India,
- Was involved in Asia’s first successful ischiopygopagus separation
- Has been involved with the maximum numbers of Deceased Donor Domino Liver transplantation, Modified Multivisceral & Small Bowel Transplantation.
- He is member of several prestige professional organisations like
- Life Member Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC)
- Life member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Member of Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Member of Association minimal access surgery (AMAS)
- Member of Indian Association of Gastro-endosurgery (IAGeS)
- Member of Indian Association of Colorectal Surgery (IACS)
- Member of Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (ASG)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (NAMS)
Dr. Apurv Deshpande
Liver and Multi Organ Transplant
Dr. Aniruddha Bhosale
Consultant Liver & GI surgery
Dr. Abhijit Mane
Asst consultant liver & multiorgan transplant