We know, our day doesn’t start off with a happy smile, calmness, or relaxed activities or sometimes for ourselves but instead with the rush to wake up, make our bed, rush to the bathroom, run a marathon between getting ready and having our breakfast and hence we end up tired by the time we reach our office and then starts the real battles of health, mind, and body!
This YOGA day let’s make it simple for you to fight this 9 to 5 battle with yoga that you can literally do on your office chair :
1. For neck stiffness and all the stress that your neck carries:
• Take your shoes off before starting these stretches if you are wearing high heels.
• Close your eyes.
• Let your chin drop down to your chest.
• Begin to circle your neck slowly, taking the right ear to the right shoulder, the head back, and then the left ear to the left shoulder.
• Try to keep your shoulders relaxed and don’t hurry through any areas of tightness that you come across.
• Do three to five rolls and then switch directions and take another three to five rolls.
2. Relax your wrists and fingers:
– Of course, we cannot forget to relieve and stretch our most valuable office resources: our fingers, hands, and wrists!
Every two hours, stretch your arms to each side or overhead. Then, draw 5 to 10 circles inward and outward through your wrists. To remove any extra built-up tension, spread your fingers wide and close them into a quick fist, repeating this move five to 10 times.
3. Stork Pose
Have you ever noticed it’s hard to get up out of your chair at the end of a busy workday? That’s because your hips tighten and your glutes and hamstrings weaken. So, you rely on your back and even your neck to hoist you into a standing position at closing time. The standing thigh pose can help!
4. Forward Bend :
– The seated forward bend is excellent for combating should tightness and tension. It also helps improve pain and strain on your upper and lower back, hips, and neck
5. Twisting Spine :
Spending a lot of time sitting can increase tension and weakness in the trunk muscles that leads to tightness and impaired range of motion.
In this fast-paced world, stress lurks around every corner, affecting our well-being. But fear not, for yoga acts as a shield, empowering you to conquer stress and find balance amidst chaos. The ancient wisdom behind yoga’s graceful postures and controlled breathing techniques creates a harmonious symphony within your body, fostering mental clarity, and boosting your overall health.
The journey awaits, and the rewards are boundless. Embrace yoga, and embrace a life of holistic well-being.